The history of the Stone Bridge of Logroño is closely linked to the history of the city. Cited for the first time in the jurisdiction that Alfonso VI granted Logroño in 1095, there are no visible remains of the original construction. The current one was completed in 1884.
Its real name is “Puente de San Juan de Ortega”, in memory of a chapel that existed in the 18th century on the left bank of the Ebro in honor of this saint, who some historians considered the builder of the first stone bridge that existed on the Ebro as it passes through Logroño.
The work that has remained to this day was designed by Fermín Manso de Zúñiga and inaugurated in 1884. The bridge is 198 meters long and has seven arches supported on cylindrical pillars.